The Prime radio is a highly dependable, digitally tuned five band (FM, AM, SW1, SW2, SW3) radio. It is charged either by solar power or an integrated crank, and can be recharged by a car battery or the grid when available. It has been developed for use in humanitarian projects. The Prime's powerful speaker makes it ideal for large group listening in classrooms, marketplaces and community meetings and can easily reach up to 60 listeners at a time.
An intuitive user interface means that adults and children alike can operate it easily. An excellent receiver, it picks up even weak FM, AM stations and SW broadcasts.
Each radio shipped includes a SW antenna extension for improved SW performance and a solar charging cable, allowing the solar panel to be placed in the sun separately from the radio while listeners sit in a shaded position or indoors with the radio.
The Prime is ready to use out of the box and requires no additional accessories or external power source.
Extra units will be provided in lieu of a warranty (percentage based).
The Prime is ready to use out of the box and requires no additional accessories or external power source, although its function can be further enhanced by:
- Upgrading the solar panel to include batteries, making it a wireless charging option as well as providing an output for charging mobile phones and other small DC devices.
- Plugging in auxiliary speakers for boosted listening volume for larger or more spread out listening groups. Speakers can be made locally in country with a simple cardboard design provided by Lifeline Energy.Upgraded options are not available as standard. The Prime is an outstanding radio for large classrooms and can easily reach up to 60 listeners at a time.
- Height: 305mm
- Width: 144mm
- Depth: 131mm
- Weight: 1.4kg
POWER SOURCE - SOLAR PANEL
Integrated 0.7 Watt polycrystalline solar panel with epoxy encapsulation.
POWER SOURCE - SELF CHARGE
Direct drive spur gear transmission driving a high power 3-phase alternator with high efficiency rectification.
High conversion efficiency rechargeable NiMH 3.6V pack.
- 5 W (max)
- 8-ohm paper cone loudspeaker
- Auxiliary speaker output for additional speaker driven by independent amplifier
- User replaceable flexible steel wire antenna (non-telescopic)
- AM/MW: Built in ferrite bar
- FM 88-108 Mhz
- AM/MW 500-1700 kHz
- SW1 2.3 - 7 Mhz
- SW2 7 - 15.9 Mhz
- SW3 15.9 - 22 Mhz