The Prime Square Fuelwood Cookstove is a top-lit updraft (TLUD) gasifier cookstove that uses:
- co-firing burning mechanism
This ensures the cleanest and most efficient combustion possible. The stove has been well-accepted in many markets and so far more than 10,000 Prime Square Fuelwood Cookstoves have been sold to households in Africa and Asia.
Impact assessments conducted in Indonesia proved that households use up to 60% less fuelwood after starting to use this Prime cookstove. Moreover, users report time savings of 10 hours per household per week on cooking tasks and gathering fuel. The time saved can be used for other income generating activities or education, improving the families' livelihoods.
In addition, Prime cookstoves produce less smoke than traditional cooking methods and significantly reduce indoor air pollution, lowering the risk of families being affected by respiratory infections, lung cancer and cardiovascular diseases common with smoky cooking methods. In tests conducted by the World Bank for the Clean Stove Initiative in 2014, Prime cookstoves scored better than all its competitors, emitting much less carbon monoxide and soot.
- The warranty is valid for 1 year from the time of purchase from Prime Cookstoves;
- The warranty is only valid if Prime Cookstoves have received the Customer Registration Card correctly filled out within the warranty period;
- The warranty covers fabrication defects and damage caused by transportation to distributors, but not damage or defects caused by inappropriate use by the customer or from any other form of transportation;
- The customer commits to inform Prime Cookstoves of any fabrication damage or other defects of the product within 30 days from purchase;
- Prime Cookstoves reserves the right to repair, replace or refund the products at their discretion; and
- The customer commits to correct usage and maintenance of the products as explained in the User Guide.
- Stove body material: galvanized iron plate, heat-proof powder coating
- Stove table material: stainless steel
- Burning chamber material: stainless steel
- Dimensions (cm): 29x29x36
- Weight (kg): 3.5
- Firepower: up to 6,000 watts
- Fuel capacity (kg): 0.3 - 2
- Burn time: 0.5 - 2 hours depending on fuel loading
- Size: reguler (for households of 4-6 members)
- Fuels: fuelwood, woodchips, briquettes, coconut husk, corncob, other bulky biomass
No technical expertise is needed
Do not use water to clean the stove, instead use a soft brush to wipe away dirt. Smear the internal parts of the stove with used oil to avoid corrosion.