HOW WE WORK SHAPES EVERYTHING WE ACHIEVE
1. OUR CLIENTS —THE MOST MARGINALISED PEOPLE — FIRST
- Kopernik exists to improve poor people's lives. Everything else is secondary.
- We respond to people's actual needs and demands – we will never be supply driven.
- In addition to technology, we provide access to new opportunities and skills for our clients.
- We aim to empower rather than create dependency.
2. WE VALUE ALL OUR SUPPORTERS AND PARTNERS
- We always have regular and open communication with all of our supporters and partners.
- We make sure that our donors' good intentions don't go to waste.
- We are fully transparent about our activities so that donors know where and how their funds are spent.
3. WE ARE ALWAYS PROFESSIONAL AND ETHICAL
- We produce the highest quality and complete outputs on time, all the time.
- No excuses – we get things done.
- We value action. Talk is cheap.
- We are always honest and ethical.
4. WE CONSTRUCTIVELY CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO AND CONTINUE TO INNOVATE
- We are always thinking of ways to improve the way we operate.
- If we see a problem, rather than complaining about it we will come up with a better way to do things and take the lead in implementing it.
- We learn from our own and other organisations' experiences.
- We acknowledge when things go wrong and learn from it.
- We always evaluate the performance of our projects, technologies and internal processes and make improvements where necessary.
5. OUR TEAM IS SUPPORTIVE AND POSITIVE – NO JERKS ALLOWED
- Every member of the Kopernik team has a positive attitude and is supportive and respectful of one another.
- Though we all work independently, we will always communicate with the rest of the team on what we are doing, to keep everyone up to date on our progress.
- Sharing is caring. We always share knowledge with each other because we believe in cooperation and teamwork.
- We come to work with a smile.
- We never raise our voices, we don't talk down to each other, we don't talk behind people's backs, we don’t send rude emails or text messages.