The Firefly Mobile is a solar light that provides phone charging and a bright task light with three brightness settings. The light from the lamp is 8 times brighter than a kerosene lamp and after one day of charging the lamp provides 3.6 hours of light on high setting, 14 hours on medium setting and 50 hours of light on low setting. The high performance lithium iron phosphate battery will last for up to 5 years before it needs to be replaced.
The lamp can be used to provide direct lighting for tasks such as studying, sewing and reading or it can be hung up from its hook to provide ambient light for teachinging, cooking or socialising. The product includes charging pins for most phones and can charge a 700mAh battery in 3 hours of sunshine.
The Firefly Mobile Lamp comes with a 12 month manufacturer's guarantee.
Warranty of 6 months for the lamp and 1 year for the solar panel (for manufacturersʼ defects only)
The high quality of this product was recognised by the award of a 2012 Outstanding Product Award from Lighting Global, a joint IFC and World Bank program that aims to catalyse the off-grid lighting market and provide quality assurance to distributors and customers.
Battery: 3.2V 750mAh Lithium Iron Phosphate battery
- Protected from over-discharge and over-charge
- Rated to 1000 cycles
Panel: 1.5W polycrystalline solar panel
- Tempered glass front and anodized aluminium frame
- Reverse polarity protection
- In built 4 metre long cable with extra output and 6 adaptors for phone charging
Lamp: 10 SMD LEDs.
After one day of charging the Firefly Mobile Lamp outputs:
- 62 lumens of light for 3.6 hours on high setting
- 20 lumens of light for 13.8 hours on medium setting
- 4 lumens of light for 50 hours on low setting