Kopernik is an exciting, cutting-edge organization that finds what works by experimenting with potential solutions that address social and environmental challenges. Kopernik engages partners from the development, public, and private sectors to advance products, services, and approaches that support underserved communities, as well as creative actors in advocating social-environmental issues.
Kopernik values action, getting things done, and being open and transparent – we have a professional and highly skilled team who are always looking for ways to innovate.THE POSITION
Location: Ubud, Bali
Kopernik finds what works to reduce poverty by experimenting with potential solutions that address common challenges facing people living in the last mile. We engage partners from the development, public and private sectors to advance products, services, and approaches that support disadvantaged people to realize their full potential and enjoy a dignified life, free of poverty.
The Solutions Lab team focuses on rapid experimentation of promising solutions to problems faced by people living in the last mile. These solutions may be technology-driven (physical or information and communication technologies (ICT)) or approaches inspired by behavioral insights.
The Analyst will work within the Solutions Lab team to implement experimentation and technology distribution projects.
- Manage assigned projects in accordance with Kopernik’s project management toolkit.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation tasks and provide research results in line with Kopernik’s standards and guidelines.
- Prepare, coordinate and conduct interviews with households and businesses.
- Host and accompany partners on field visits and help with interpretation as necessary.
- Other fieldwork-related tasks as necessary.
Research & Analysis
- Identify, research, and provide analysis on the potential of new project opportunities, in particular in the agriculture and fisheries, health, water, sanitation & hygiene, education, and energy sectors.
- Conduct research on the socio-economic status of particular geographic locations in Indonesia and other developing countries.
- Conduct research on potential appropriate technology solutions for particular geographic locations in Indonesia and other developing countries.
Data Analysis & Report Writing
- Collect, clean, and analyze data collected in the field.
- Interpret and summarize findings in a succinct, visual way.
- Propose actionable recommendations to partners based on key findings.
- Engage and liaise with partners, building new relationships and managing current relationships.
- Respond to incoming correspondence from partners and host partner engagement meetings.
- Providing technical advice and economic modeling from an engineering viewpoint.
- Design, prototype, and maintenance of machinery/tools if required.
- Learn how to use specific tools required for data collection and train other team members (i.e. TDS meter, moisture meter, etc.).
- Collaborate and assist other teams in Kopernik as needed.
- Develop and prepare funding and partnership proposals.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS
- Excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills with fluency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate skills in operating engineering software such as Solidworks, CATIA, AutoCAD are preferred.
- Impact and data-focused.
- A can-do and collaborative mindset – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Passion for product development and investigating potential solutions.
- Indonesian national.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant discipline such as environmental, mechanical, industrial or civil engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in social innovation, prototype development, product design, research, and development.
- Language proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia (native) & English (advanced).
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 12 March 2023
Please complete the form below and submit your CV, cover letter, and one-minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job.
Expected remuneration for this position is IDR 7,000,000 to a maximum of IDR 10,000,000 (depending on the experience and qualification of the successful candidate) and other benefits.
Only candidates who apply through our website will be considered.
Mar 11, 2023