BIDE seeks to eradicate the root causes of poverty among women and to enable them to attain self-reliance by setting up profitable micro-businesses to generate income for their families.
BIDE's mission is to build a vibrant, efficient and sustainable revolving fund program which will promote the economic and social development of women living in poverty, especially women with HIV/AIDS and young women, by providing them with non-formal education and skills training.
BIDE is a member of :
- DENIVA - Development Network of Indigenous Voluntary Association,
- JIDNET – Jinja District NGO/CBO Network,
- NAWOU – National Association of Women Organizations in Uganda,
- NGO FORUM - The Uganda National NGO Forum,
- FHRI-Foundation for Human Rights Initiative,
- NOGAMU- National Organic Agricultural Movement of Uganda.