Impact Assessments

ILLUMINATING OUR IMPACT WITH IN-DEPTH SURVEYS AND ANALYSIS

19 reports matched your search

Families were very interested in the water filters when HADEER introduced samples in Bobonaro earlier this year
Jun 2015 to Aug 2015

We are working with our local partner, Hemetin Asaun Dezenvolvimento Edukasaun no Ekonomia Rural (HADEER), to distribute 480 Nazava water filters in Bobonaro district, Timor-Leste. While the positive impact was undeniable, this impact assessment raised some questions regarding who should be...

Users of the d.light S300 solar light reported that it was innovative, unique and easy to use
Jun 2015 to Aug 2015

We are working with our local partner, Asosiasi Pedagang Kaki Lima Indonesia (APKLI), to connect 50 d.light S300 solar lights with people in Soppeng district, South Sulawesi, Indonesia. While the project originally aimed to target people in villages who had no access to electricity we discovered...

A happy solar light user in Balaghat district holding up her new solar light against the old kerosene lamp it has replaced (Photo Credit: Manthan Charles)
Jun 2015 to Aug 2015

We are working with our local partner, CDC Balaghat, to connect 306 d.light S20 and d.light S300 solar lights with people in Balaghat district, Madhya Pradesh, India. A number of very positive health, safety, productivity, lifestyle and economic benefits as a result of using the lights were...

"I am now now able to provide Amel, my youngest daughter, with milk after purchasing a d.light as I spend less for lighting" - Ibu Fatmawati
Sep 2013 to Nov 2013

We made 180 d.light S250 solar lights available to people in Galinggang, an off-grid village on the banks of the Katingan river in Central Kalimantan. Families are very happy with their solar light purchases, and are keen to buy more solar lights to eliminate dependence on kerosene.

Solar lights are treasured possessions in Oecusse, where they can save families hundreds of dollars on kerosene
May 2013 to Jul 2013

The distribution of d.lights in off-the-grid villages in what is Timor-Leste's poorest and most isolated district is an extremely worthwhile initiative. D.lights offer many immediate benefits in terms of light quality, thus enhancing the activities that take place under them, including work in the...

Solar lamps are making it easier for people to work together at night
Jan 2012 to Mar 2012

We made 2,339 more solar lights available in Oecusse in the third phase of our Light Up Oecusse project. The surveyed households reported they have reduced their monthly spending on lighting expenses by 81.6 percent on average.

Ibu Marsina uses her Nazava water filter to offer safe drinking water in her warung
Jul 2011 to Aug 2011

We invited a team from the Thunderbird Emerging Markets Laboratory (TEM Lab) at the Thunderbird School of Global Management to explore the potential of Nazava water filters and UB.03-1 biomass stoves to further the economic empowerment of women in Bojonegoro, East Java.

Lighting up the night in rural Oriental Mindoro
Jun 2012

We connected 404 d.light solar lanterns with some of the poorest communities in Oriental Mindoro, in the rural Philippines. In households without access to electricity, 80 percent have stopped using kerosene for lighting, while the other 20 percent only use a kerosene lamp to supplement their...

Q Drums save women from having to carry heavy jerrycans of water on their heads, preventing back and neck injuries
Jan 2011 to Jun 2011

We connected Q Drums with 30 families in Oecusse, where they have reduced by two thirds the number of households making more than one trip each day to collect water.

Solar lanterns are lighting up the nights in Oecusse, Timor-Leste
Jan 2011 to Jun 2011

We sent almost 1,000 d.light solar lanterns to Oecusse, and made sure these solar lights reached remote villages in the enclave. The d.light solar lamps have significantly reduced the use of kerosene lamps in the households surveyed.

WANT TO KEEP UP TO DATE WITH KOPERNIK? SIGN UP TO RECEIVE UPDATES FROM US HERE